Spicy Aubergine Disks
An alternative to your Cheese, Salad and Pickle Sandwich filler.
- 1 Medium sized Aubergine (cut disks 1cm thick)
- 1 Courgette (optional) Coating:
- 1 Fresh Chilli (finely chopped)
- 1 Clove of Garlic (peeled and pressed)
- 4tbsp Chickpea Flour
- 1tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 2tsp crushed Coriander seeds
- 1tsp each: Fine Sea Salt and Cumin Powder
- 1/2tsp Chilli powder (optional)
- 1/4tsp Turmeric Powder
- Water to bind
- Sunflower Oil to Pan fry
- Make Coating First:
- In a wide shallow dish place the flour and all the spice ingredeints as well as the Oil.
- Add 3tbsp of water and mix continuously adding more water tablespoon at a time, until a ‘thick runny’ consistency is achieved.
- Heat a shallow non-stick pan and add a little Oil.
- Whilst the Oil is heating, cut the Aubergine and Courgette (if using) into 1cm thick disks.
- In batches: Coat and cook both sides of the vegetables for about 5-8 minutes, on a medium heat. Remove and place in a low oven to cook a further 5 minutes, whilst the rest of the batches are cooked.
- Remove and place on Kitchen towel to drain excess oil, and to cool down a little.
- Add onto prepared slices of crusty bread with a bed of salad and slaw.
Tip:Tastes even better cold, the next day .