Sweetcorn Chowder (with Horseradish)
A dairy free, heart warming soup. Perfect remedy for those Autumn sniffles.
- 1 cup uncooked corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4cup cooked corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1 small potato peeled and diced (similar to Kind Edward or Desiree)
- 1 small Shallot peeled and diced
- 500ml of Stock (Veg or Chicken)
- 2tbsp freshly grated Horseradish
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- (optional) Fresh garden Chives or Spring Onions)
- In a pan place the stock, fresh corn kernels, potato and Shallots. Bring to boil.
- Turn heat down and allow to simmer for 20mins until both corn and potato are cooked.
- Carefully pour the hot contents into a liquidiser and blitz until smooth, alternatively pass through a metal sieve until a smooth consistency is reached.
- Return back to the pan, add grated Horseradish, cook for 5-8 minutes (note: if liquid seems to thin, simmer until contents reduces and thickens.
- Stir in cooked Corn kernels, salt and pepper.
- Garnish chopped Chives. Serve hot with toasted slices of Baguette rubbed with Garlic.