Carrot & Orange Cake
A delicious Cake made with seasonal homegrown Organic Carrots and a hint of warming Spices.
- 120g Light Brown Sugar
- 80ml Sunflower Oil
- 2 Eggs
- Zest of half an Orange
- 140g grated Carrots
- 50g Raisins (previously soaked in Orange Juice)
- 25g Chopped Walnuts (optional)
- 175g Self Raising Flour
- 1tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/4tsp Nutmeg Powder
- 1/4tsp Cardamom Powder Frosting
- Place 150g of Icing Sugar in a bowl and add a little Orange Juice at a time until you reach a thick cream consistency. Grate a little nutmeg, stir and set aside.
- Preheat oven 180˙C and grease and line 16cm Square Baking Tin.
- Place in a bowl: Sugar, Oil and beaten Eggs. Stir well using a wooden spoon.
- Add Zest, Carrots, Raisins (do not add the juice) and chopped Walnuts. Mix well.
- Shift and fold in Flour, Soda and Spices.
- Carefully pour onto the lined baking tray, placing in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until skewer comes away clean when placed in the centre of the cake.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool slightly before turning onto the cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Drizzle frosting over the whole cake, allowing icing to go over the edges.
- Cut into 12 equal portions (or 9 generous pieces) and serve with a hot cup of Tea. Enjoy x