I love soups and at this time of the year it is my lunch time favourite. Yes, I can buy a tin of soup for under £1 or so, but nothing beats a bowl of homemade soup. Besides when you have homegrown organic potatoes and onions in store, I only had to buy a small size leek and a few spring onions and chorizo.
This is one winter warmer soup I make time and time again and one which requires NO oil or butter!
Cooking Time: 20-30 minutes
400ml cold water
1 large floury potato
1 small onion
1 small leek
1 spicy chorizo
1 bird’s eye dried chilli optional
1 spring onion ( to garnish)
- Place water in a pan, add 100g piece of chorizo (do not slice keep the piece whole) to the pan
- Peel and roughly chop the vegetables add to pan
- and half of 1 chilli (optional)
- Bring to boil, once it starts boil lower the heat and allow to simmer for 20minutes or until you notice the potato is falling apart.
- Carefully remove the piece of chorizo with some tongs and place on a chopping board.
- Take a hand held blender and blitz the liquid to desired consistency and return pan back to a gentle heat
- Slice the chorizo about 1cm thick slices and add back to the pan to warm through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle chopped spring onions.
- Serve hot with crusty bread.