Courgette & Kohlrabi Fritters
Seasonal Courgette and Kohlrabi makes a wonderful spicy snack with a cool mint yogurt Dip.
* Swap Kohlrabi for Potato or even Sweet Potato.
* To turn up the spice heat add roughly chopped green chillies eg fresh Jalapeno
- 1 Courgette, washed and grated (Do not peel)
- 1 Kohlrabi, peeled and grated, green topped shredded (just the leaf not the stalk)
- Small onion finely sliced.
- optional diced Garlic Chives
- a few cloves of Garlic, crushed
- (optional) finely chopped Thai Chillies
- third to half a cup of Potato Starch
- Teaspoon each of dried Parsley, Oregano and Thyme
- 2 Eggs, whisked
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Vegetable oil to shallow fry
- Squeeze and wring out all the liquid out of the Courgette, Kohlrabi and Onion. Discard liquid.
- Place the whisked eggs in a large bowl and continue to whisk in the garlic, chilli and dried herbs.
- Sieve in the potato starch, this helps remove any lumps and continue to whisk.
- Fold in the squeezed vegetable and Garlic Chives. Add Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Cook in Batches: Heat oil in a Skillet and drop tablespoon full scoops of the mixture and gently pat down. Cook over a medium heat. Flip over a minute later and cook the other side. Or until the fritter is throughly cooked.
- Serve Hot or cold with a helping of cool Mint Yogurt Dip. Enjoy x