[recipe title=”Courgette & Kohlrabi Fritters” servings=”1-2″ time=”under 1hr” difficulty=”easy” image=”https://rekhagardenkitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/fullsizeoutput_751b.jpeg” description=”Seasonal Courgette and Kohlrabi makes a wonderful spicy snack with a cool mint yogurt Dip.”]
* Swap Kohlrabi for Potato or even Sweet Potato.
* To turn up the spice heat add roughly chopped green chillies eg fresh Jalapeno
– 1 Courgette, washed and grated (Do not peel)
– 1 Kohlrabi, peeled and grated, green topped shredded (just the leaf not the stalk)
– Small onion finely sliced.
– optional diced Garlic Chives
– a few cloves of Garlic, crushed
– (optional) finely chopped Thai Chillies
– third to half a cup of Potato Starch
– Teaspoon each of dried Parsley, Oregano and Thyme
– 2 Eggs, whisked
– Salt and Pepper (to taste)
– Vegetable oil to shallow fry
1. Squeeze and wring out all the liquid out of the Courgette, Kohlrabi and Onion. Discard liquid.
2. Place the whisked eggs in a large bowl and continue to whisk in the garlic, chilli and dried herbs.
3. Sieve in the potato starch, this helps remove any lumps and continue to whisk.
4. Fold in the squeezed vegetable and Garlic Chives. Add Salt and Pepper to taste.
5. Cook in Batches: Heat oil in a Skillet and drop tablespoon full scoops of the mixture and gently pat down. Cook over a medium heat. Flip over a minute later and cook the other side. Or until the fritter is throughly cooked.
6. Serve Hot or cold with a helping of cool Mint Yogurt Dip.