[recipe title=”Braised Red Cabbage with Coriander and Fennel” servings=”4-6″ time=”1hr 30mins” difficulty=”easy” image=”https://rekhagardenkitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/fullsizeoutput_5087.jpeg” ” description=”A quick and easy recipe, using just a few ingredients in this braised Red Cabbage adding own grown saved herb seeds for flavouring. “]
– 1 small Red Cabbage
– 1 small dessert apple, peeled, cored and cut into small chunks
– 50ml Balsamic Vinegar
– 1tbsp Palm Sugar
– 1tbsp Vegetable Oil
– 1tsp coriander seeds (gyo saved seeds)
– 1tsp fennel seeds (gyo saved seeds)
– salt and pepper to taste
– fresh Coriander and Fennel (to garnish)
1. Shred the Cabbage, not too finely and wash, allowing to drain as much water out as possible.
2. In a pan heat the oil and add the Cabbage and Apple.
3. Stir in Balsamic Vinegar, allow to cook over a gentle heat.
4. Lightly grind the Coriander and Fennel and add to the cooking cabbage.
5. Allow to braise for approx. an hour (or until the cabbage is soft when pressed between finger and thumb), topping up with little water if contents in the pan look too dry.
6. Finely add the finely chopped ‘leaves only’ of Coriander and Fennel, adding Salt and Pepper to taste.
NOTE: this dish will taste even better 24 to 48 hrs later.