Using just a few vegetables you can turn them into a wonderful warming soup, perfect for a cold winter’s day.
Potato, Leek and Horseradish Soup
Warming Soup with a mild kick of Horseradish.
- Medium floury Potato (e.g Desiree which has been peeled and roughly chopped)
- Leek (chop up more green part than the white) soak in water to remove any soil
- 2cm piece of Horseradish (finely diced or grated)
- Small piece of Onion (roughly chopped)
- Parsley stalks (only) roughly chopped
- 1 clove of Garlic (crushed or sliced)
- 1 fresh Bayleaf
- 500ml Chicken stock or Water
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil to drizzle (optional)
- Mild Paprika to sprinkle (optional)
- In a Pan, add the first 7 ingredients followed by the Liquid.
- Bring to boil and allow to simmer for at the least 30-40minutes.
- Once the potatoes start to crumble in the pot when stirred, REMOVE THE BAYLEAF.
- Using a hand blender, blitz the hot contents of the Pan until smooth. Add a little water if texture is too thick.
- Add Salt and Pepper to taste
- Serve up with a drizzle of Olive Oil and a sprinkle of Paprika.