Using just a few vegetables you can turn them into a wonderful warming soup, perfect for a cold winter’s day.
[recipe title=”Potato, Leek and Horseradish Soup” servings=”1-2″ time=”45mins” difficulty=”easy” image= “https://rekhagardenkitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/fullsizeoutput_5318.jpeg” description=”Warming Soup with a mild kick of Horseradish.”][recipe-ingredients]
– Medium floury Potato (e.g Desiree which has been peeled and roughly chopped)
– Leek (chop up more green part than the white) soak in water to remove any soil
– 2cm piece of Horseradish (finely diced or grated)
– Small piece of Onion (roughly chopped)
– Parsley stalks (only) roughly chopped
– 1 clove of Garlic (crushed or sliced)
– 1 fresh Bayleaf
– 500ml Chicken stock or Water
– Salt and Pepper to taste
– Olive Oil to drizzle (optional)
– Mild Paprika to sprinkle (optional)
1. In a Pan, add the first 7 ingredients followed by the Liquid.
2. Bring to boil and allow to simmer for at the least 30-40minutes.
3. Once the potatoes start to crumble in the pot when stirred, REMOVE THE BAYLEAF.
4. Using a hand blender, blitz the hot contents of the Pan until smooth. Add a little water if texture is too thick.
5. Add Salt and Pepper to taste
6. Serve up with a drizzle of Olive Oil and a sprinkle of Paprika.