Delicious cake using Brownie ingredients.
Cooking Tip: Use Chocolate with a high percentage of Cocoa content, 70% or more. Higher the cocoa % number, less the Sugar content. This Chocolate will be bitter in taste. To compensate do not add more Sugar, add a little Vanilla extract to the recipe.
- 100g Butter, diced
- 200g Dark Chocolate pieces
- 4 Free range Eggs
- 200g Golden Caster Sugar
- 100g Self Raising Flour
- 1/4tsp Baking Powder
- 1tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 30g Chopped Walnuts
- 100g white Chocolate chip chunks
- 1tsp Vanilla extract optional. (If using add with the sugar, egg mix)
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a glass bowl placed over a pan of simmering water. Once melted allow to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven 180˙C. Grease and line a square 22cm baking tin.
- Beat the sugar and eggs, until light and fluffy. Fold in the cooled melted chocolate.
- Sift and fold in Flour, Baking and Cocoa Powder. Stir in chopped Walnuts and half the chocolate chips.
- Pour into the tray and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until top cracks and Cake is done when a skewer is inserted in the middle of the cake, and it comes away clean.
- Remove from Oven and allow to cool completely in the Baking Tin, before turning out and cutting into equal pieces. ENJOY x