Courgette and Herb Dumplings
[recipe title=”Courgette & Herb Dumplings” servings=’2-4″ preptime=”20 mins” cooktime=”30 mins” difficulty=”easy” rating=”★★★★★” image=”https://rekhagardenkitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/20200718_162438.jpg” alt=”20200718_162438.jpg” description=”A light vegan, gluten free and dairy free dumplings for an alfresco summer dinner.”]
Sorghum flour available from holland and barrett
– 1 cup peeled and grated courgette (keep aside saved water)
– 1 cup sorghum flour
– 1/2 cup chickpea flour
– 1/4 cup finely chopped herbs (I’ve used fenugreek and chives)
– 1/4 cup yogurt
– 1 tbsp grated ginger
– 1 tsp finely chopped green chilli
– 1 tsp crushed caraway seeds
– 1/4 tsp turmeric
– 1 tbsp sugar (optional)
– 2 tbsp vegetable oil
– salt to taste
1. In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients except courgette water
2. Bind the dough adding courgette water as needed, if more water is required, add tap water.
3. Do not knead. Taking a tablespoon full of dough at a time on roll into balls gently, taking care not to compact the dumplings , if the dough is to sticky use a little oil on the palm of your hands..
4. Place dumpling balls onto an oiled steamer and steam for 20-30 minutes.
5. Serve hot with cold pressed rapeseed oil drizzled over and extra oil to serve.
6. Optional: toss the dumplings in hot oil tempered with spices like dry chilli, mustard seeds and sesame seeds.