Courgette & Herb Dumplings
A light vegan, gluten free and dairy free dumplings for an alfresco summer dinner.
Sorghum flour available from holland and barrett
- 1 cup peeled and grated courgette (keep aside saved water)
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped herbs (I’ve used fenugreek and chives)
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chilli
- 1 tsp crushed caraway seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp sugar (optional)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- salt to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients except courgette water
- Bind the dough adding courgette water as needed, if more water is required, add tap water.
- Do not knead. Taking a tablespoon full of dough at a time on roll into balls gently, taking care not to compact the dumplings , if the dough is to sticky use a little oil on the palm of your hands..
- Place dumpling balls onto an oiled steamer and steam for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve hot with cold pressed rapeseed oil drizzled over and extra oil to serve.
- Optional: toss the dumplings in hot oil tempered with spices like dry chilli, mustard seeds and sesame seeds.