Fresh Chickpea & Couscous Salad
[recipe title=”Fresh Chickpea & Couscous Salad” servings=”serves 1″ time=”40 mins” difficulty=”easy” image=”https://rekhagardenkitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/fullsizeoutput_69b4.jpeg” description=”Refreshing and crunchy Chickpea Couscous Salad, perfect for those Summer alfresco lunches or even just a take out lunch.”]
– 75g Couscous
– 150g Hot Vegetable Stock
– 20g Fresh Chickpeas(shelled and steamed)
– 1 small Beetroot (baked, peeled and diced)
– Red Onion (sliced and brined in salt, sugar and vinegar)
– 1 small Courgette (sliced and grilled with dried Herb and Oil seasoning)
– small handful of fresh Herbs: Basil, Coriander and Fennel leaf
– Olive Oil (for sauté and drizzle)
– Small clove of Garlic (peeled and pressed)
– 1 dried Bird’s Eye Chilli, finely chopped (keep the seeds if you want the hot kick)
– Pinch of Turmeric powder (optional)
– Black Mustard seeds
– Salt,Pepper and a squeeze of Lemon to taste
1. Whilst the Beetroot is baking, soak the Couscous in the hot veg stock. Cover and set aside for 15 minutes.
2. In a hot pan place the Mustard seeds and warm through. Add a little Oil, as they start popping quickly add Chilli flakes and Garlic, quick stir; add Couscous, stirring at all times to coat the Couscous grains. Sprinkle Turmeric powder and stir. Allow to steam over a low heat for couple of minutes.
2. Toss all the vegetables in, squeeze of Lemon and stir all the roughly chopped Herbs.
3. Serve with a glass of refreshing homemade Lemonade.