Fresh Chickpea & Couscous Salad
Refreshing and crunchy Chickpea Couscous Salad, perfect for those Summer alfresco lunches or even just a take out lunch.
- 75g Couscous
- 150g Hot Vegetable Stock
- 20g Fresh Chickpeas(shelled and steamed)
- 1 small Beetroot (baked, peeled and diced)
- Red Onion (sliced and brined in salt, sugar and vinegar)
- 1 small Courgette (sliced and grilled with dried Herb and Oil seasoning)
- small handful of fresh Herbs: Basil, Coriander and Fennel leaf
- Olive Oil (for sauté and drizzle)
- Small clove of Garlic (peeled and pressed)
- 1 dried Bird’s Eye Chilli, finely chopped (keep the seeds if you want the hot kick)
- Pinch of Turmeric powder (optional)
- Black Mustard seeds
- Salt,Pepper and a squeeze of Lemon to taste
- Whilst the Beetroot is baking, soak the Couscous in the hot veg stock. Cover and set aside for 15 minutes.
- In a hot pan place the Mustard seeds and warm through. Add a little Oil, as they start popping quickly add Chilli flakes and Garlic, quick stir; add Couscous, stirring at all times to coat the Couscous grains. Sprinkle Turmeric powder and stir. Allow to steam over a low heat for couple of minutes.
- Toss all the vegetables in, squeeze of Lemon and stir all the roughly chopped Herbs.
- Serve with a glass of refreshing homemade Lemonade. ENJOY